Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
o Nov 11- Books & Co at the Greene (we will meet beforehand and get coffee etc. then head up to story time, and hang out after for as long as wanted and read books etc..)
o Dec 11- Rachel’s House (6203 Wellington Pl Dayton 45424) We will have a Christmas cookie exchange, please bring 2 doz of your favorite cookie if you want to participate!
o Jan 15- Playplace at the Fairfield Mall
o Feb 12- Join us for a special playgroup at the Boonshoft Museum, members are free, non-members cost $8.50 per adult, and $7.00 per child. There are TONS of things for the kids and this playgroup I would encourage everyone to bring their lunch and make a day of it!!!
o March 12 TBA
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
we are announcing a new and final (we hope) move to a new location, we were having difficulties with meeting at the Greene (security, parking, etc) and we are really hoping to eliminate any stress that it caused and meet at a easier central location... The new meeting place is at Christ United Methodist Church 3440 Shroyer Rd in Kettering across from Fairmont high school. It will be in Rejoice Hall which is on the 2nd Floor. PLlease pass this along to anyone you know that has attended Daraluz in the past, we don't want to miss anyone. The time and day will stay the same, the 1st Tuesday of every month at 7pm.
Thanks a lot!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Monday, August 25, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
Please join us on Tuesday August 5th for our next DaraLuz Meeting, we will be discussing the second nine months, what you need to know to take care of yourself and your new baby. Please see the side bar for directions and times, we look forward to seeing all of you there!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Ohio Dar a Luz Network Professional Members:
Bethany Dykman . 937-376-0304
Betsy Morton . 937-767-9435
Jeanna Krug – 937-266-5336
Jennifer Steinbach . 937-431-5351
Jeanna Krug . 937-266-5336
Keri Speck . 937-767-8483
Amy Thobaben . 937-374-2699
Julie Harless . 937-433-7328
Devon Horsman . 937-241-5954
Yoga & Prenatal Yoga:
Dianeah Wanicek . Yoga Springs Studio . 937-767-1034
JoGa Somatic Arts . email@example.com . 937-672-4962
The Yoga Shala . firstname.lastname@example.org . 937-344-0868
Health Food Stores:
(in back section of Town & Country Shopping Center)
20% discount to members
Casting of baby’s hands and/or feet
15% discount to members
In an attempt to maintain sovereign authority on vaccinations, the AAP has formed an alliance to develop a media market plan directed to parents about the necessity of vaccinations.
They identified several factors that promote anti-vaccine information:
• Parent-to-parent spread of myths,
• A public that does not understand the risk of vaccine-preventable diseases,
• Internet and media exposure that is not balanced,
• Decreased trust in the government and health care providers,
• Slow response to negative news coverage, and
• Increasing calls for philosophical exemptions.
Here are response questions, point by point on each factor:
- Is it a myth when a parents are discussing observed side effects?
- Where is the scientific evidence showing vaccines are safer than the disease itself? Where is the scientific evidence showing vaccines prevent these diseases?
- Where is the balance on the pro-vaccine web sites?
- Haven't the pharmaceutical companies created this decreased trust?
- Without scientific evidence to respond with quickly is the response time slowed down?
- Is there something wrong with parents exercising their rights to choose their families' own health care?
This is a new recommended form from the AAP that doctors are advised to have their parents sign. View the form here. I suggest ALL parents take a copy of this form and get legal advise before signing it. There may be statements you would want to delete or add before committing your signature to it. Remember--if you are not satisfied with you current pediatrician's recommendations, find a new one!
One place to start is the Holistic Pediatric Association: www.hpakids.org
IT’S PLAY TIME!
Hey everyone! Kettering Dara Luz is starting a play group, everyone and anyone is welcome, feel free to invite new moms, sisters, etc. Everyone can bring their kids young and old alike. Bring your lunch if you want and we will all enjoy fun and fellowship while letting the kids play!!
· Date: 2nd Tuesday of every month starting in April 2008
· Time: 10am-12pm
· Place: See below
· April: Slings, Diapers, and things show and tell- please bring your favorite cloth diapers, sling or baby carrier, etc. and we will all benefit and learn something new- meet at Java Street Café 2056 E Dorothy Lane, Kettering OH 45420. In the Kettering town center next to Elder Beerman (b/c we weren’t sure of the weather!)
· May: Indian Ripple Park in Kettering
· June: Wegerzyn Gardens in Dayton 1301 E Siebenthaler (bring towels, bathing suits and sunscreen)
· July: Orchardly Park in Oakwood on Delaine Ave between Wonderly and Orchard ( bring bathing suits, towels, and sunscreen)
· August: The Greene (will gather around the big sprinklers to let kids play, and then from there shop or eat…..)
- September: Indian Ripple Park in Kettering
- October: Youngs Jersey Dairy Farm in Yellow Springs
In case of rain, the group will be cancelled unless otherwise noted
notification of continuation during the winter months will be posted soon, suggestions welcome!